After launching the landing page, web analytics must be put on rails. It helps to understand what is happening with traffic and sales, budget spent and earned.
What is a web analytic?
Web analytic is a collection of information about visitors and their actions, to improve business processes on the site. This is the logic of adequate dimensions for project management on the web. You need to measure what affects the result. Using it you can learn a lot about your target audience, understand what works for your audience and what doesn’t.
What are the best web analytic services
Google Analytics(GA) In this tutorial we’re using GA4 (it’s the latest version of GA)
How to start working with Web Analytic
- Register or sign to Google Analytic(GA)
- Create GA account
- Set up a property in your Analytics account. A property represents your website or app and is the collection point in Analytics for the data from your site or app.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your website so you can collect data in your Analytics property.
- Copy and paste tracking code to the head section of each page of your website which you want to analyze.
- Select and configure targeted visitor actions to see what users are doing on your site. You can configure up to 20 goals at the same time.
- To set up goals, go through the following steps.
- Follow the reports
- Now you can see your conversions and goals achievement
To create an account, click Start for free.
To sign in to your account, Click Sign in to Analytics.
In GA4 there are already predefined goals, which you can use straight away by turning them on.
If you want to track your conversion, which is not on the list, for example, to track as a conversion when the user goes to the Thank you page, then do as on the images below
Now it’s available as a new conversion in our reports
What is conversion
Conversion is the percentage of site visitors who made a targeted action (for example purchase, registration, or subscription) to the total visitor score.
After a while, when enough data is collected, you will be able to analyze the reports and understand who and where came to the site from, what he did there, and how it affected the conversion
After setting up Web Analytics, let’s have a look at the main metrics and concepts of GA (coming soon) and how data is analyzed and measured